- The stakeholders requested a homepage redesign in order to accommodate the rapidly growing list of Cancer Genome Projects. All projects and detailed information about each needed to be accessible on the homepage.
- The overall look and feel of the website wasn’t reflecting the stakeholders’ branding very well.
- The relationship of the website with and to the ICGC Data Portal and ICGC Data Access Compliance Office was not clear to users.
- The website has an extensive members-only area and these webpages needed to be especially user-friendly since most users were not expected to be technologically savvy.
- The website had initially been developed as desktop-only and there was request to make the website also accessible on mobile devices.